Sunday, May 18, 2008

Surprise




Hi everyone! I know.. once again, I SUCK as a blogger, but I have some goodies for you today. I finished this FANTASTIC project. The "Baby Surprise" jacket. LOVE IT!!! I made it out of Noro Taiyo, which is 40% Cotton, 30% Silk, 15% Wool, 15% Nylon. This yarn is fantastic. I followed the Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern in her book The Opinionated Knitter.



I used a size 5 needle, which made it very tight. I dont like baggy looking knitting, but I think I would have been just as happy had I used a US 7. I bought these buttons today at Mosaic, and I am blown away at how PERFECT they are. (sigh) Can you tell how in love I am with this project?!

In other news, Adam graduated! Yes, I am now married to a doctor:) Doctor in science:)
He spoke at graduation, and is so clever and funny. Love that guy! His sister, and brother in law came for a surprise visit. It was really fun!!



I have 8 days left with my kiddos and it is going to really be bitter sweet. I love them all so much, I dont want to let them go. On the other hand, I am so tired... SO TIRED and I cant do it anymore:) I NEED summer:) I cant wait to do it all again. Hopefully Adam and I will know where we will be this fall. We shall see.

This summer I am looking forward to visiting my family! My b-day is coming up soon too.. 28. Maybe that is why I am making all this baby stuff. I guess I am 28...and my body is saying something. I guess 10 years with Adam and I together.. its time to add another person to our family. Dont get to excited guys- But it's not much longer.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

YEAH! For Adam!

and I just got the Baby Surprise pattern for a friend's granddaughter... I can't wait to try it.

Unknown said...

I love the finished baby sweater!! Cute!!!

Unknown said...

love love love the baby surprise!!! i get points for checking your blog. :)

Vouray said...

Congrats to Adam! Beautiful baby sweater!

Miranda said...

Yarn thief.

You heard me.