Monday, July 7, 2008

Feast Your Eyes




I love summer. I see now why teaching might be appealling to people that dont even like kids. I see now why those horrible teachers might continue in this profession. SUMMER. So far this summer I have stayed up late knitting, watching TV, and playing video games. I sleep in till AT LEAST 10, and pretty much do nothing exept what I WANT to do. The best part is I am STILL GETTING PAID.



Besides loving my job, and loving kids, educating the future of our country, being a positive role model.... I see why teaching is such a great thing. Summer.

I thought I would show off some of my new stuff... I have been knitting like mad. I am ALMOST finished with my Drops Design Eskimo Jacket, and I think you all will really be jealous when you see it. I am thrilled. Stay tuned for Picts. The yarn above is Schaefer Yarn's Andrea, which is 1,093 yards of 100% cultivated handpainted silk. The color is called "Empress Wu Zhao. What am I doing with this you ask? I dont know but I couldnt help myself. You understand yeah?

Since I am "Pugs and Knits" I thought these stitch markers were highly appropriate and necessary. I bought these 4 cute suckers on Etsy. Check out this site. :) I also got 10 skeins of Claudia's Hand painted Worsted weight yarn. I think I might make a delicious sweater. I am thinking the hybrid yoke Sweater by Elizabeth Zimmerman. Here is Jared's example. What do you guys think, not of his (which I know is FABULOUS... ) What do you think of me doing that sweater out of this new yarn?? Stay tuned for pictures of my finished sweater.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It almost makes me want to teach.... but then there are all the kiddos all year long... mnnnn.. need to find another way to have summers off. Love the cute stitch markers!! :)

"Meems" said...

Thanks Erin! Yes, you could easily make these markers... cough cough... hehehe (no hint intented) ;)

Vouray said...

I just want to make money and not work at all. Ever. How can we do this?

Unknown said...

awww i miss you! come visit boston soon. i need someone to go explore some new yarn stores with.

Carol in NoVa said...

Good job!!! I had to go out and get my own pugger stitch markers. Marlowe would be so proud of me.