Friday, June 27, 2008

2 more down


I finished 2 more baby surprise jackets. I cant tell you how much fun this pattern is. It's weird at first, but once you get it you start seeing a jacket out of every yarn you see. I think next time I will use a looser cast off in the end, but otherwise I am perfectly happy with them. The pinkish one is made using Koigu and a size 3 needle. I tried it on smaller needles, but its softer on 3's.

The green/blue one is made from Claudia Handpaints. I only used 1 skein of that and then used Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino for the trim. I used size 5 needles. I love that yarn!!!


Jared taught me a new technique for making beautiful button holes. Thank you Jared. Ask me and I will pass this knowledge on to you!

I didnt "block" these. I guess one thing I learned from each designer at Purl Jam is that everyone has their own ideas about blocking. My idea on THIS project is that it is perfect the way it is. I hope you all enjoy as much as I do.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww those are adorable. And I love the picture on the clothesline. Awesome!!!!

jknitter said...

I've made the Baby Surprise and loved the way it came together. You're giving me inspiration to make more. So glad you shared yours.

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful, Mimi. Great Job! Loved reading your Purl Jam entry.

blissfuldebbie

Virtuous said...

I just love these!! Especially with the green border!

Please do tell the button hole tip from Jared. E-mail me at: crimsondiva1999@yahoo.com

Can't wait to CO for mine this fall with my knitting group as a KAL! :o)

Kim said...

Hi, Mimi!
Love your site!
Could you, when you happen to have a free moment when you're not pug-happy, send me the tip on Jared's buttonholes?

Thanks, and Pug Bless!

Kim said...

Whoops, forgot my email:

dakimbobs@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!