Monday, January 11, 2010

Hello 2010



Well the year has begun and I really have been keeping myself busy! Like Adam says, "you knit all day everyday"... and there is some real truth in that. If I am NOT knitting, I am thinking about knitting, and planning knitting, and reading knitting blogs and magazines. So what I have I been knitting? you ask?

Well, I dont have any good pictures right now,except the cute sweater set above! Otherwise, I am knitting gifts, and I dont want the surprise to be ruined. SORRY. The picture above is the color I made my BFF, Sarah's baby boy sweater/hat/sock set out of. The color is MUCH more jewel toned in person, in fact, it might be the wrong color.......

I HAVE finished my Manos Silk Wool blanket, and it is WONDERFUL, so once i weave the ends in I will take some pictures. SO you will just have to wait. It has taken me a year to make it.

NOW what is next you ask? ooooh man...
My new knitting group "Berkeley Stitch and Bitch" is doing a KAL of the February Ladies sweater. If you are not a knitter, or for some reason have been living in a cave and dont know this pattern: Heres a picture.yeah, cute.

I made the baby version twice now, so need to make one for me. (Then I will have a baby/ mama set) I already have the yarn, just ready to go!


Also, Fell in LOVE with this pattern:

Its hard to really see the amzing detail, and the back pleats... ahhhh.. .MUST MAKE MUST MAKE....

SO those 2 sweaters are on deck for me. YEAH!

OK, what else... I have been cooking like a crazy person. I will please you with these pictures and show you that gluten and dairy free hasnt been half bad lately!
Pork potstickers.


Chicken Ravioli with pesto cream sauce
Scallops and Shrimp with garlic lemon sauce, brown rice, and green beans.

Grilled halibit and creamy shrimp with avacado sauce, black bean salsa.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

so this is pretty much all your past facebook posts from the last month organized into paragraph form?
:)

"Meems" said...

HAHAHAHAA YES.... you got a problem with this?

Unknown said...

NO- just pointing it out!

Happy said...

Yay, another blog to follow!! I love blogs. It's fun to be able to keep up with you.

LauraRN said...

I LOVE the baby sweater and little shoe-lets. And the food--- the food!!! My mouth is watering!

Hope you're enjoying the California life.. and what's wrong with thinking/dreaming/doing knitting?

Mary Thomas said...

Yay!! I am drooling over that long sweater on the cover of the magazine!! GORgeous! Its gonna be a good year, I can just feel it.