Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer Bliss





Well, I dont have much to write today, but I am sure your all just DYING to hear from me:) What am I up to? Well, I guess I am just trying to enjoy my summer and not stress. I know the more relaxation I get... the nicer my school year will be. I have been working at the yarn store a few days a week, and the rest of the time has been filled with shopping, lunch with friends, and A LOT of sitting on my couch... watching People's Court, playing the SIMS, knitting, and Reading Harry Potter. Ahhh...... nice.

What am I knitting? You ask. Well, I decided I needed something so easy and lazy like my summer. I saw this pattern in the book Wedding Knits I am making the Bridesmaid Shawl. I will get you guys a picture as soon as I feel like taking the picture:) I am making it out of the WONDERFUL Sublime mohair. NICE!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. Its so stinking easy. You cast on like 84... K1P1 for 3 feet... make a slit for armhole... knit 1 foot... slit 2... knit 3 feet. Then pick up stitches for sleaves... wahla!

I have also been planing my upcoming classroom. I found a rocking chair and a bunch of books at the thrift store. LOVE THAT too!

Have fun guys- enjoy your summer too!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. Those pictures LOOK like something out of Harry Potter!! I am so excited for you, but I will miss not seeing you as much. Hope you stop by the store on your way home occasionally.

Vouray said...

Love the pics. They are addictive. I want to do it right now!

jody said...

I used to teach and LOVED doing the classroom thing-alas, I found I loved that more than the actual working with the kiddies so I do not do than anymore-but it is so fun to set up a room! yay for you!!

Loren said...

That was seriously disturbing

Unknown said...

HARRY POTTER!

I'm rereading OoTP right now. Must read faster!

Chris said...

How did you take those pictures? They are scarey. I get to go see my classroom on Monday. Glad you got a rocker. i saw an add in an online free stuff site where a teacher was asking for stuff for her classroom and got all kinds of things that way for free. Maybe you should blog your wants and needs!
Mom

jody said...

join freecycle (just google it) and you can post any needs you have for your classroom or give away anything you don't need-and it's all free! woohoo!

Allison said...

Are you going at midnight to get HP 7???

"Meems" said...

its being delivered here. :)