Saturday, July 21, 2007

24 hours


It has been almost exactly 24 hours since I opened my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. 24 hours ago I grasped it with eager excitement, and now I set down probably one of the best books I have ever read. DONT WORRY. I AM NOT A SPOILER (you can continue reading if you havent finished yet) I dont think I have ever encountered a book series that actually made me feel part of the book. It was like that old movie The Never Ending Story... Like I was watching it actually happen. Maybe it was just the endless hours of reading... .but I feel like I just heard their voices, like I was in the room. AMAZING. AMAZING. BRAVO!
Now, I sleep. I am sure I will dream about magic:)

10 comments:

Loren said...

I'm so jealous! I've only had time to finish 150 pages, but I do have 6 hours in the car tomorrow....

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous, Amazon still hasn't delivered mine, so much for going the pre-order route. I guess I was away for the weekend celebrating our first wedding anniversary so it would have been bad form to be reading anyway (though I did think about it ;) ) I can't wait to start.

Allison said...

I am amazed you finished....

YAY!!!

It was amazing.

"Meems" said...

What is that supposed to mean Allison?!!! I CAN read you know! :)

Unknown said...

Mmmm, I finished the book too. It took me 8 hours (started at 9am, finished at 6pm, with breaks in between). It was very good. Yay! I was surprised how fast I made it through- here I was planning on taking 2 days to read the whole thing!

Allison said...

I didn't say you couldn't read...

you just took FOREVER to read 6.

I think we need to post the pictures from friday... meaning I need to find my camera cord.

Chris said...

YES, Harry was exciting! I'm going to miss looking forward to the next book since that one was the last. Oh ,what ever shall we do?
Mom

Vouray said...

Where are the pictures from the midnight barnes+noble thingie!?

Unknown said...

Here's the Fawkes phoenix pattern:
http://www.socktopia.net/patterns/fawkes.pdf

Anonymous said...

Mimi,

No Anniversary issues of Vogue knitting at Wal-Mart or Books-A-Million yet. I'll keep my eyes open.

Hope you follow up on the massage, mine was awesome.

Take care,