Sunday, July 1, 2007

Now Serving.... Another Failure.




Look's like my faithful butler, Henry, is serving up the main course... 376 grams of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK. This fab yarn was once a v-neck wrap sweater (sleeveless), and THEN it was a Stockinette vest... and now, after tonight's Frogging... it is served as the main course in my failure as a knitter.

The yarn looks much better now that it is neatly wound up in balls. It seems happier now. It was so unhappy as that crappy over sized vest that made me look so fat. It sits here in this bowl... looking at me.. begging me to make it beautiful.... begging me to make this time the last. It it tired of being knit and unravelled and knit and blocked and unravelled again. Its looking tired and worn before it's life has even begun.

I am frustrated by knitting right now. I think I need a break. I cant knit any project right now, and nothing is exciting me. I guess that happens. Maybe some sexy new pattern or yarn will turn me on again. For now, I play the SIMS, and Maybe catch up on Harry Potter.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about joining us and knitting the clapotis?

Vouray said...

I can't believe what I'm hearing! Yes! Make the Clap...it is so much fun! And you need mermaid done so you can wear it this fall while teaching! Snap out of it!

"Meems" said...

I CANT do the mermaid silly face. I WANT to, but remember... lost the yarn...
Sorry ladies, CLap does nothing for me.
I know, its horrible...

Unknown said...

Harry Potter!

Am rereading OoTP right now to start the ramp up.

Sharon Virginia Turner said...

I am in a bit of a knitting funk too. I have been working on my poncho, but it is really not exciting me. I wish I had brought my red and black sweater with me but it is by my couch at home. I think I just can't knit without my knitting buddy! :-( I really need a Sunday knitting, lunch and coffee day! Miss you!

jody said...

i love that green yarn though-just look at it for awhile-i do that with a lot of my yarn and think it is prettier in a ball than made into something. i got in a funk, too, with my mitred squares so decided to do the Mystery Stole (you can check it out at my blog sidebar) and it is so fun! I will put up a picture of the first section of "clues" when I am done but if you want something fun and different, you can still sign up for it until Friday!

LauraRN said...

Now, Mimi--- FAILURE is NOT an option. We don't think of ourselves this way!!! The yarn has simply not decided what it wants to be, yet.

Positive thoughts, ONLY, Miss Mimi!!!!

Miranda said...

this is the pattern i told you about. i think it would rock that yarn

Miranda said...

duh. i needed to leave the link.
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTtubey.html

Chris said...

You could knit me some socks! Or a cute short vest with that green yarn...it's pretty.
do catch up on Harry. Another is around the bend!

Loren said...

Never give up, never surrender!

Bel said...

Sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation!! And Clap does nothing for me as well, son't feel bad. So when are we haning out, chicky? I MUST talk with you soon.

And this is just a set-back. All is well...you will get through it!