Monday, May 14, 2007

Whew!

This month has been such a huge one for me. I am finally sitting on my couch, in my PJ's, knitting my Hanne Faukenburg, and preparing to watch the Bachelor. This month has been full, and I feel like I am finally at a break, and I can breath.
I have been so happy knowing that come fall, I will be a third grade teacher at a school I love, surrounded by teachers I love and admire.
Now I will be working at the knitting store more, which is wonderful cause I LOATH subbing. LOATH. I like that word. Do you guys find yourself saying a word and loving or hating it right away. I feel a list coming on. ....cant resist...... (Adam is now explaining the reasoning behind garter stitch to me.. i love him)

Words I HATE: (Excluding vulgar words)
1. Slit
2. Swipe
3. Sticky
4. Smear
5. Plaque

Words I like:
1. Hoist
2. Package
3. Turpitude
4. Scandal
5. Titty Caca

haha.. I amuse myself. Keep in mind this list is only because the word SOUNDS...say them to yourself... you might like them too...

As for this picture.... If you ever asked yourself what would happen if a pug mated with an owl... look no further.

Goodnight.

15 comments:

Allison said...

that picture is scary yet funny.

jody said...

i have never asked myself what it would look like-but now i know-ew! i have certain words i love and hate, too-and people always mock me for it!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pic..........and I can tell you now have too much time on your hands......and stop that mermaid. Why aren't you people knitting hokie squares. Am I the only one. Gee Whiz people!!!!

Sharon Virginia Turner said...

I totally agree with the loathing Subbing!!! I hope to be DONE with that too as I hope to hear on my job by friday! It was AWSOME!!!!

Lunch soon! Love ya!

"Meems" said...

Debbie- Like I can only have 1 thing going at a time?? I have knit 5 squares, and I am working on another 2.... gee wiz!

Sharon, When you coming home?

Vouray said...

I love the word Philanthropist. And thats all I have to say on the matter.

Anonymous said...

Ok, ok, ok. I'll cut you some slack.....this time.

Allison said...

So I didn't pay attention to the last comment about last weekend...

Are you working this weekend (19th)... I might be coming in then... you do know I love knitting all day.

Bel said...

Love that photo! Good to see you today as well. We'll talk tomorrow and this weekend... I am knitting all weekend!!! Yea!! The best therapy for what ails ya.

"Meems" said...

Allison, I work Thurs. 2-6, Friday 2-6 and Sunday 12-5

Hope to see you!

Chris said...

I always liked to say Pink and Blue Playsuit. Dad and I used to laugh at that.
Dad says his favorite word to say is Black. Say it 10 times. (I don't
know about him sometimes! ha)
Mom

cate said...

You are hysterical (sp?)!!!!!
I am gonna have to make a list too!

"Meems" said...

Pink and blue play suit? Mom... Im still trying to figure that one out... It sounds dirty or something.. heheheh

Loren said...

Let's see favorite words, mine are probably proclivity, cacophony, curmudgeon, esoteric, and iconoclast.

LauraRN said...

That looks like something out of Harry Potter!!!!