Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wrapped in Ridges


Finally- Let me introduce you to the completed Lizard Ridge!! I started her on New Years Day, and finished the squares in like Feb. BUT it took me twice as long to sew it together as it did to actually knit it. WHEEEW! Tip to those that want to embark on this wonderful project... Knit it in strips. Don't cast off when you change colors...and then you will just have strips to sew. Anyways, you guys like??

On other news...
Does any one out there suffer from extremely vivid dreams every night? Its like lately i am actually scared to go to sleep because my dreams are so bad... I mean BAD. I was having bad teacher anxiety dreams, and i wished those away. My wish came true, but now they were replaced with horrid dreams about death. The kind of dreams that stick with you all day, like you spent the night up crying. They just feel so real.

Am I alone? Any tips on how to get rid of these?

7 comments:

Sharon Virginia Turner said...

No, you are not alone! I have had some doozies the last few nights. Actually, yesterday morning I woke up with swollen eyes from crying so much in my dreams. :-(

I don't have any tips for stopping them. Although, when I take something to help me sleep, like Lunesta, I don't ever seem to have bad dreams.

I had one Dr tell me to sit and visualize myself someplace wonderful before right before I fell off to sleep.

The blanket is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

The blanket is beautiful! As for the dreams, I always have very vivid dreams and occasionally go through a spell of bad ones. And yes, some of them will stay in my thoughts all day. Is it possible that these are related to the recent tradegy at VT? Sometimes after such terrible events you think you are fine then your subconscious mind will bring things up. Hang in there--they tend to work themselves out.

I was also wondering if you know of any good pug breeders in the area?

Vouray said...

Remember Nightmare On Elm Street? My medical suggestion, take Mango's pill with a big Martini and a multi vitamin.

Anonymous said...

Yes I had those dreams too when I was pregnant???????????????? Any news you want to share Mimi?????????????
As for the lizard ridge - it's beautiful. I just bought my first skein of noro for it. Did you see all the beautiful new colors we got in the shop? What do you mean by knitting it in strips?

LauraRN said...

Love the Lizard!!!

The dreams-- Hmmm--- Can you do nice, relaxing things before bed? A nice lavendar bubblebath? A glass of wine? Some quiet, soft music as you drift off?

If that doesn't work, be gentle with yourself. We've been through a really bad time, and your dreams might be your way of dealing with it.

"Meems" said...

Yeah, the dreams have gotten better the past two nights. Adam mentioned he notices that these dreams seem to coorilate with my cycle. Maybe, like when you were pregnate Debbie, its hormonal. hmmm... thoughts to ponder. NO i am NOT pregnate! hehehe...

Allison said...

I would try the relaxation stuff... I would assume it's all stress related (graduation, new job, tech drama, etc.) Your brain has to process all that.

If it doesn't resolve soon or it hinders your daily life, I'd go to a doctor and get a prescription for something to help with the sleeping or anxiety at night.

Worrying about it will just make things worse, so I would try not to stress out about the weird dreams and of course drink more wine, because really that solves all problems.