Friday, June 29, 2007

Home Sweet Home






This trip is over and not without its share of DRAMA!! Adam and I are POOPED!! We got into Charlotte at around midnight and found our baggage was NOT there. (SIGH) we waited in line for another hour and drove home to our pugs and our bed around 4:30 AM. It seems like we have been gone FOREVER.

BAD NEWS though.... I took a skein of each color extra on this trip for my Hanne Mermaid. I knit on the way out and somehow left that ziplock in the rental car. I only had 1 skein of the sand color and thought that I must have more at home... BUT NO. I am dead out. anyone out there with any to spare??!!! I seriously dont know what to do. AHHHHHH. SO i cant knit that, so i thought now I will buckle down and focus on DEMI, when i found that Lucy had gotten her paws on my pattern and shred it. WHY!!! AHHHHH!!!
I finally feel like I have some time to get some knitting done, and I cant do either of my projects! I DONT WANT TO START A NEW ONE (Imagine me kicking and screaming right now) AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Anyways, enjoy the picts.

8 comments:

Vouray said...

Did you get your luggage?

"Meems" said...

not yet..

Vouray said...

That pic of Adam with the baby in his lap makes me laugh sooooooo hard!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mimi, I know how you feel. I have made so many mistakes with my mermaid that I have had to rip out. I finally just put it down for a while. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

We missed you.

LauraRN said...

Did you call the rental company? My heart aches for you....

(but really glad you had a super time!!!)

Sharon Virginia Turner said...

At least your luggage was lost on this end and not the other! I hope you get it soon and I am glad you are back safe and mostly sound with out too much drama.

One of the little monsters here got in my knitting bag and ate part of the yarn for my poncho. I was not happy! Don't you just LOVE kids! :-)

Chris said...

We enjoyed your visit. love the pics of my boys. They miss you, but are having fun checking out their new digs in Utah. They are plopped on the floor from a big day.
sorry you had such drama at our house this summer with us moving and all.....