Monday, March 12, 2007

I Have Issues


Hello Hello! Like my Pedicure?? My sweater looks nice too....!
Well, since I am going to be out of town for a week, i figured I better do a pretty big blog entry so here it goes.

You know how sometimes you finish a project and your like... what next? And you spend all your time looking for something, and yet nothing seems appealing or interesting. And then there are the times where it seems like even if you locked yourself in a padded cell and did nothing but knit knit knit, you still wouldnt have enough time to get everything done that you want to do? Well, I thought I was doing pretty good. I am only working on 2 sweaters, and I have one "on deck". Pretty good yeah? (thats what I say..)

Then, Saturday it was like BAM- and i was flooded with all these ideas and desires for projects. Its like I have so much in my head- I cant even keep them straight. I find myself sitting here thinking about each one, and what yarn I "need", and what colors i "need", and how I can modify this one and change that one....... WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??!!

Here is a SHORT list of my new ideas.....
1. Demi (on deck) for pic see a few blogs ago....
2. Entrelac socks from the new Interweave Knits Magazine... (see pic)
3. Cable sweater (Also from this magazine) I am thinking cotton!
4. Dream Swatch.... good travelling project.
5. SOMETHING out of the new sock yarn...
6. knit toys... for my nefew... (that is crazy thinking)
7. Oh, a shawl... dont know which one.

On top of that list is the Xmas list already begining in my head...

Here is the psychologist in me... I am trying to distract myself with knitting so that I can ignore all the stuff that is stressing me out in a big way... AKA.... flying on an airplane... taking my oral examination..... getting a job.....

this is definitely what I am doing.

I think I am going crazy. I am seriously stressing out about getting on this plane. Sharon gave me some pills that I call "razzmatazz". I know we shouldnt share pills..... but.... its either share with her, or share with mango... and I feel WAY more guilty about steeling my dogs prescription anti-anxiety medication.... see, I told you I was crazy.

Anyways, I took the day off so I could "catch up" on my classwork. Here is what I have done...
1. Slept in till 10.
2. walked dogs
3. sorted bills
4. went to Barnes and Noble for magazine...
5. Coffee with Belinda.
6. Lunch at the Barnes and Noble Cafe.
7. Shopping at Target
8. blogged.

I guess its time to buckle down huh?
I might not enter another blog until I get back next week... so I better get like 20 comments....

Happy Knitting
Mimi

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, my dear Mimi, are the master of procrastination! Your pedicure looks good, too. Isn't it fun to dream about all the projects you could do. Some you may never do, but you could if you wanted. That's the greatest part. As for the drugs on the plane, who will take care of you and make sure you get on the right plane. That worries me. See you Wednesday.

Vouray said...

I hate those entrelac socks by Eunny! Pretty in the picture, but what would it do to the thickness of my legs? We will miss you terribly! When are you leaving? Are you going to have lunch with Phyl and the gang on Wednesday?

jody said...

you should definitely knit some kiddie toys-they are lots of fun and don't have to "fit"-and they're usually small and quick, too! plus, it could be a family heirloom-although if you read my latest blog entry, you may want to try something other than Sheldon first...my hands are still a bit tired!

"Meems" said...

You hate them? I dont think it will make my legs look thick...? Are you trying to tell me I have thick legs? I feel like my legs are the littlest part of me.... maybe Im wrong..

I leave Thursday AM. I will be there on Wednesday at 12:15-12:30ish.. Is that OK? I am excited to see you all!

Anonymous said...

Mimi, I hate those socks too. Sorry

"Meems" said...

haters!

Unknown said...

I think they're cute- I just know I wouldn't have the patience! I like entrelac in small bits, but all the turning drives me nuts. I do like the sweater you're thinking of!

Unknown said...

Well I love the socks ;) hehe you can make me a pair, they look hard though, like I know anything about knitting :) I love all the ideas you've been throwing around. Which I could see what you've been working on in person.

LauraRN said...

Lovely toes! I hope that all went well with the airplane ride. I am fortunate that it doesn't stress me (probably that feeling that comes with age-- when my number's up, it's up....)

As far as the entrelac, I say, follow YOUR bliss. If you decide you don't like them, you can turn them into needle cases.