Friday, March 9, 2007

Random Thoughts

Hello fans. Ok, fans isnt the right word... friends. I am subbing right now and the kids are busy so i thought i would write.

I was reading over the lengthy directions for my Demi sweater and I realize this project is really going to push my knitting skills. Maybe I am nuts... but can you purl through the back of the stitch? Am I going crazy??? I read it, and after my brain stopped bleeding... my heartbeat returned to normal and my eye balls went back into the sockets, I STILL want to make it. SO call me crazy.

I also have been thinking that i need to get a heckler like funbuttons... so if your looking to heckle, and want someone to heckle... here i am..
Maybe I should say something controversial... hmm.... I ..uhh.. ( Literally... 5 min have gone by)
sigh
sigh
sigh
maybe this is why i dont have a heckler.
I am now coming to a sad realization.
maybe this is why Gina has like 100 hits a day and i dont.
(filling up with self doubt)

I will spend my day thinking of something controversial for you all.... This is my mission.

Mimi

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are way too sweet to heckle - not that you are Gina, but you just aren't, kiddo. And yes, you can purl through the back loop. I say go for it. The only way to improve is to challenage yourself.

Anonymous said...

I think I meant to say aren't, Gina. I can't even read my own thoughts!

Vouray said...

Trust me, you don't want a Funbuttons, she's turned psycho on me and I can't publish her comments anymore. I'll tell you about it later...

Bel said...

Don't feel bad, Mimi, I average like 4-5 comments every post.

I have been thinking about the "purl in the back of the stitch" concept on the sweater pattern. I still don't get it. But, as always, defeating the obstacle will make you stronger!! I'll have to see Debbie do this one so I can understand!

jody said...

i just finished a project with a "purl in the front and back of the loop" increase and it was so annoying b/c i had splitty yarn-but it can be done!! it made me cuss a little bit though....

Vouray said...

Just take all filters off of your comment moderations. So anybody can post anonymously. Guaranteed some of those catty women you work with will be flamers/haters on this blog!

Miranda said...

hush, I'm lucky if I get two comments per post!

Funbuttons turned psycho? I'm curious!

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad... my blog floats off on its own page so I *never* get comments :( www.dragonwingarts.com is just not a common place to go... (had to try to get some traffic, c'mon- can ya blame me?)

LauraRN said...

Yes, you CAN purl through the back of a stitch. Just keep saying-- I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.