Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sweaters and Pickles


The saying goes something like.. "when it's right, it happens so easily" and that's what happened today with my storm sweater. Sometimes I spend so much time working on my gauge, and planning the sweater so meticulously, but when it gets down to it... nothing goes right. I have made sweaters and ripped them all out SEVERAL different times. I have started over and over again. This is just normal for me. Thats why it felt so weird with this sweater. I barely planned it, kind of looked at a pattern, and had NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING, but I knit and knit, and LOOK!!! I am so proud of myself that I actually wish the weather was cool so I could actually wear it!!!

One Sweater in the bag- Oh, and Loren, NO! My ends are not woven in yet! heheheh!!!

Today was so warm and lovely that We are BQing out on the deck. I was sitting there, smelling the glorious smell of burning charcoal, and I got an idea..... hmmm.. i said... "I wonder if we could grill a pickle?" I asked Adam, and he agreed to try this experiment. Of course you can grill a pickle, you can grill anything, but will the taste buds likey? I will let you know.

I was out on Friday night, and got my foot stepped on my a girl in heals... I was bare toe. I will spare you the picture I was going to take of it. OUCH!!!!

Goodnight, and sleep tight knowing all is well with me:)

12 comments:

jody said...

I think the projects I "wing" always turn out better too-why is that??? Yay on getting your sweater done-and do tell about the pickle-my daughter loves pickles so I am intrigued....

Vouray said...

Adore the sweater...how was the pickle?

"Meems" said...

tastes like a warm pickle... :)

Anonymous said...

OMG - Mimi - I gasped when I saw you in the sweater. It is BEAUTIFUL, as are you - inside and out. GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Miranda said...

Where did you get the pattern? I want!

Sharon Virginia Turner said...

Incredible! Both you and the sweater. You look awsome...great picture!! Now you have me inspired to make a sweater...if I could just finish the blanket! :-) You need to check out my Meez.

Loren said...

I love that sweater! I started a sweater in the Farmhouse cotton blossom. I love how it's knitting up. I can't wait to see and feel your sweater in person!

"Meems" said...

I kind of followed Add Budd's pattern out of her "Handy Sweaters" book... Its a Seemless Raglan. I just made up the neck how I wanted it though... SOOOOOO EASY!!!!!! But now I have all these ends to weave..

Bel said...

That sweater is really beautiful. You look great in those colors, and it came out perfect. Have you ever tried deep fried pickles? There was a restaurant in Charlotte called "Jack Straws" and they served Potato Chip Pickles, which were really breaded, deep-fried thin pickle slices. SOOOO yummy!!

Allison said...

I do like the sweater!!!

Allison

LauraRN said...

What a beautiful job, Mimi. You should be very proud.

Anonymous said...

I am really loving the theme/design of your weblog.
Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems?

A few of my blog readers have complained about my blog not working
correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have
any suggestions to help fix this problem?

my web-site :: drastic weight loss