Wednesday, April 11, 2007

3 pugs, Demi, and the Devil


So I am fostering the sweetest little guy this week. I hope he finds a home soon, or I might lose it. I am just all pugged out, and stressing. Lucy has an ear infection so I had to take her to the doctor. She has them chronically, so you think they would just give me medicine... but no.. had to take her in. I couldnt leave Spike (new foster) because he scratches up the doors... and Mango just about threw a HISSY fit when not only did she not get to sleep in her bed last night and had to sleep on a air mattress with her mom and dad (and the foster she hates), but she was just about to be left alone while mama took lucy and him on a fun car ride.

I felt so bad, and I was worried to come home to a house left alone with a spiteful, jealous, diva beast pug... so she came with us. 3 pugs... in my car... at the vet... I cant even explain the chaos and stress this situation brought. Spike refuses to sit in the chair in the car and tried every 2 second to get on my lap. I dont think i have ever met a more stubborn dog. Lucy and mango are whining in the back, and I cant even hear the radio over all the snorts, heavy breathing, and whining. NOT TO MENTION the yelling I had to do every 2 seconds to keep him off my lap.
We got there, and the party began. heres how it went:

Bark Bark Bark "Can I help you" (Receptionist) "BARK BARK WHINE GROWL YELP "What!?" (me) BARK HUMP HUMP YELL GROWL... meanwhile wrapping my legs up in leash so i cant walk. "Uh... why dont you guys come in a room" (I limp in the room while one pug pulls me in, one pug pulls me back, and another (lucy) is wrapping me up some more. We get in the room... Spike goes on a hump fest, lucy hides in the corner and whines, and mango wants on my lap. Then I get the doctor who lectures me again about how obese my dogs are... YADA YADA YADA, i get home, drenched in rain, Wendy's in hand (which is cold and wet.. and they didnt give me my ranch!), and I am back in the computer room... away from any canine. I think If this scene were a movie... the part in the end when I yelled... my face would have morphed into a devil.

Heres a stinking picture of Demi, who is beautiful, but incredibly stressful. Gosh, I need a break. SERENITY NOW!!!



I actually feel better after taking those angry pictures. That mad one actually freaks me out!! I was laughing so hard at them that it cheered me up a bit.

11 comments:

Sharon Virginia Turner said...

Wow, that is as bad as my trip with Pusser..the ruptured eardrum, bitten finger and antibiotics for both of us. :-) I just got home from a house with 6 cats and a parrot...Just think how boring our lives would be without kids! Love the pictures!

Vouray said...

Ok. Those pics of you are absolutely spot-on hilarious...cheered me up on a gloomy Wednesday. I think I'll go knit...tomorrow will be better. (I think there is a taxidermist in Christiansburg.)

jody said...

I was just talking about you today with your neighbor in the green house across the street! (my daughter is friends with her daughter) and we were talking about pugs and she said "I think the girl who lives across the street has 3 of them now!" but I had just read your story and told her one was temporary! (I tried to sell her on the merit of the pug so she might take him off your hands but I think I was unsuccessful...sorry) Hang in there-sick kids, furry or otherwise, SUCK YOUR WILL TO LIVE!

Anonymous said...

First of all, those pictures are priceless. You look like the devil. I laughed so hard I cried. I could just picture the visit to the vet. Been there, done that. AND, I can relate because I have to babysit my son's and his girlfriend's dogs, and if they were kids, they'd be on double doses of Ritalin. You know how Purl runs around the shop at full speed? Well, multiply that by 100 and that is what they do at my house! Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, love the meez.

Loren said...

Deep cleansing breaths! Here's the upside...you look fabulous in those pictures

Don said...

Sounds a lot like our family vacation to disney world when you were 6 or 7....

Don said...

Just last night Mi2 was trying to talk her Mom into taking Spike!!! that would give us 3 Pugs. Just spread the love Mi2!!!

Phyl said...

oh my goodness! Sounds like a handful. Love the pictures!

"Meems" said...

He REALLY is sweet- we just love him!!! Exept all the humping... :)

"Meems" said...

He REALLY is sweet- we just love him!!! Exept all the humping... :)