Thursday, April 19, 2007

Another Blog


OK, i guess its time for another blog from me. I am sure you are all waiting eagerly. First of all I just want everyone to know that we are ok. The events that happened on campus Monday seemed to shake up everyone and it all leaves me feeling very numb. I hate that this happened. I hate how sad I feel for all the friends and family of those effected. I hate how guilty I feel being thankful it wasn't Adam.. or me. I hate how I cant watch TV. I guess I am so full of these feelings that i don't feel like doing anything. All I want to do it sit on my couch and knit.. and play my wii.

I wish i could say something wonderful that would touch the hearts of everyone reading this. I wish I could type magic words that let everyone know how this event has changed me for the better.. and how I have such a new sense of meaning in my life because of it... and i feel so much closer to my town for it.... but I cant. All i can say is that i feel crappy... everyone around me feels crappy about it... and its just going to take time for everyone to feel normal again.

On other news- I lost .5 pounds this week, I found a home for foster pug "Spike", I graduate in 2 weeks, I finished ultra alpaca sweater (stay tuned for pic), I have 2 interviews this week, My parents might be coming for graduation, my grandparents too... :) AND the scab on my toe (from getting stepped on) has fallen off. WOW EXCITEMENT!

Love you all!
PS... the picture was taken by me at the memorial ceremony when the president spoke. I was on the football stadium at the time.

8 comments:

Sharon Virginia Turner said...

The "magic word" is friendship! Without it, we have nothing. That is what was wrong with Cho. He didn't have any friends. I am so thankful to have you! Without you, I wouldn't be working on my first sweater, I wouldn't have eaten at Olive Garden this week and I wouldn't be able to share my job anxiety with someone who truely understands. I Love you!

Vouray said...

Cho didn't have any friends because he didn't want any friends. His Great Aunt in South Korea said as a child, he refused to answer when spoken to and would ignore everyone, including his parents. So he came out of the womb insane and somehow fell through the cracks. It sucks.

IndigoMuse said...

Big virtual hugs for you and all fellow Hokies in the Burg. You're in our prayers even though we can't be there with you. Hokies are strong and we'll get through this - Together!

Don said...

The best we can do is to be thankful for what we have, and hold our loved ones closer.

"Meems" said...

yes- I really am thankful for all you guys! Times like this remind us how precious life is.

LauraRN said...

I'm so proud of the students who have been handling the situation-- the grief, the stress, and the bleeping press with such grace. I was proud of the spontaneous, immediate and sustained ovation they gave to the VT president. I'm proud of the way they're taking care of each other. And I'm proud to be part of the Hokie Nation.

Miranda said...

i love that picture.

Bel said...

There is never anything we can say that could ever make sense of this. But maybe we're not supposed to keep asking "why." Now is the time to ban together and make our community stronger through friendship, compassion, and hope. I'm glad to be home again, and I can't wait to hang out with you. Missed you!!