Friday, April 13, 2007

Giving In



So I gave in to the peer pressure and got myself a Hanne Falkenburg kit. I told myself I wouldn't, but I have been staring at this poster hanging up in the store for weeks. When we had the trunk show it was the one that i loved... but we didnt have that color because Debbie got to it first. I thought I was safe. wrong... oh so wrong.
I love it, and I am so happy i have it. There is something about this kit that makes me feel so excited. I hold the plastic box it came in and gaze into the top... all the yarn looks so neat and perfect. The colors are so soothing and soft. I laid in bed the other night and read over the entire pattern. I think i was more captivated by this pattern than most books recently. I love the tag that was so thoughtfully paper cliped to the pattern.
Its like someone else has already done all the hard parts of the project, she figured it out... and I can relax and feel safe... this pattern wont hurt me because I am not the first to try. I can enjoy and see the masterpiece come alive.
I never knew knitting was like this before. I never understood, but now I feel part of this awesome universe of knitting. Its such a passion in me, to create, to constantly learn...

I feel a list coming on.....
OBJECTS that EXCITE ME! (get your heads out of the gutter- GINA and Sharon!)

1. a bag of yarn.. untouched and mine.
2. a box of unused crayons.
3. a martini glass, they are beautiful.
4. The blink on my answering machine.
5. a bed that is made.
6. Fresh cut flowers.
7. a can of cream of mushroom soup.
8. a new notebook... unused.
9. a new wallet.
10. a new knitting bag, waiting to be filled.

I am off to a cup of hot tea and a cup of icecream. Have a wonderful night!

8 comments:

Loren said...

I agree with all but the can of mushroom soup...yuck! It's fungus! What about a cuddly pug instead?

Vouray said...

How about chicken and shrimp crack from Kobe? I'll tell you, something about knitting and yarn...I am strangely obsessed like never before...and I feel that many knitters are along for the ride with me. Wierd but glorious!

Sharon Virginia Turner said...

I can't wait to have that same excitement when looking at a pattern. I keep looking at the patterns I got for my socks and sweaters and my heart does pound but not because of excitement but rather fear!!! I know, I know, with time that will disappear and I too will be sucked into the excitement. :-)

Sharon Virginia Turner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Virginia Turner said...

PS-your head was in the gutter first! I mean, you had to think about it to think that that is where our minds would be! You dirty, dirty girl! :-)

Anonymous said...

Right On, Sharon! And I agree with Loren - yuck on the mushroom soup. I can't believe you forgot your pugs. Shame on you. I'm off to Lexington today for a wedding and I'm going to think of my top ten too. Who do you think will finish their Hanna first? Probably you.

"Meems" said...

Pugs were not included... along with my wonderful husband... because this was a list of OBJECTS... OBJECTS ladies are NOT PUGS! :)
geez

Ok, yeah shrimp crack can replace cream o shroom... but I LOVE IT- i know if belinda was here she would back me up on that one!

Anonymous said...

Well, go ahead and be picky!