Saturday, February 24, 2007

Project ITCH



OK, so i finished my Collinette Jitterbug socks, and I LOVE them!!! SO soft and warm on my cold winter feet. I have finished my Lizard Ridge, except the whole sewing together part... (growl) and now I am in serious need of a new project. I DO need to finish the green pullover I am making out of Ultra Alpaca, so that will be on my list.

Adam and I were talking about knitting and everything, and he said he thinks I would be happier if I chose more challenging projects that "improved my skill level". I agree. I have been content making basic sweaters and socks, but I see these things that blow my mind, and maybe I am just to scared to try... like... maybe I am not good enough.. BUT I think I should try. I saw this sweater on Brooklyn Tweed... and my hear begain to pound... I am now going to obsess...

Also, We went to Famous A's to breakfast today, which we love... and even better that they are going no smoking... Anyways, this girl came in with this sweater that completely mesmerized me... I am not kidding. She probably thought i was a weirdo that was staring at her chest or something, but I was seriously trying to figure out how this sweater was made. Had i a camera, i would have snuck a picture... I came home and drew this BAD sketch. It was striped, but not too many colors... Its was awesome. ANY IDEAS??

Anyways, off to the yarn store to stare and touch some tweed...

2 comments:

Vouray said...

Isnt Brooklyn tweed incredible? Amazing knitter! You should have gone up to the person with the sweater! Now its gone forever!

jody said...

there is a website that has some crazy, mathematical knitting stuff (that hurts my brain)done with lots of wild, different colorwork stuff-like kaffe fassett-type colors-but it may give you some ideas for interesting stripe/color/pattern challenges-some of the stuff is just wild but also fascinating too-the afghans are amazing-check it out!! www.woolythoughts.com