Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Thoughts on a Snowy Night



So I FINALLY finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. (5) What a great book. I am so in love with these books. They dont even feel like books to me. I feel like I am that kid in that movie The Never Ending Story, and that the book is actually real, and I am part of it somehow. Yeah, I know I am a nerd. If you havent read these books... shame on you, they really are amazing.

Also, cool news. I got invited to a reception to meet with the superintendent of this school county. Apparently, she asked the principals who was a good student teacher, and I made the list. (Its all the bribing i do on the side..) Not to brag, but I feel really honored to get this opportunity. . OK thats enough bragging for now.

I miss my class and my cooperating teacher Elizabeth. I dont think I could have had a better experience. Those kids will always be remembered. I know that teaching is where I need to be.

I finished square 21, and I get a snow day tomorrow. I will be at mosaic in the afternoon as long as the roads are good. :) Have a great night everyone. Stay toasty!
MIMI

5 comments:

Loren said...

You can pre-order the secenth book now at amazon! It doesn't even come out until July, but I'm going to preorder it! You need to read the sixth book. Great plot twists!

jody said...

congrats on your invitation! i'm so glad there are wonderful people out there like you to teach our little ones-i'm truly thankful for my daughter's teachers as i know many parents will be for you, soon! enjoy your afternoon knitting at mosaic w/ yarn and pugs-i'm totally jealous-i've got my kids home from school AND a friend's kid, too-oh well, that's why God invented movies!!!

"Meems" said...

Yup, I have #7 on order already. Adam is a bit of a fanatic! I started the 6th last night... :)
Thanks Jody! I hope in the future i have parents like you in my class!

Vouray said...

I have met that girl in the picture with you, maybe at the store?

"Meems" said...

Yes, Elizabeth- she is awesome:)