Saturday, February 10, 2007

Square 24


Its finally here. I have been waiting and working so hard to meet her, and now she is here in my hands... May I introduce you to Square 24! (da da) I know you all are so excited to see her too. Its strange to me as I look at all these squares of Noro that I actually did all this. Do any of you look at your work and wonder if maybe some strange knitting fairy really came in the night and did it? I feel sort of like I do some nights when I am driving back from class or something, and I am almost home when I realize I have been spacing out and I don't remember driving home. I think back on my drive and I can honestly not remember how I got there. That's how I feel. How did I get to square 24... who knit all this? Well... await the final picture of completion oh faithful bloggers out there.

Adam and I went to a movie with our friends tonight, so that was fun. As we were in the mall i spotted about a dozen third grade girl scouts who know me very well. I got lots of love and hugs. On the way out I got the same from a half dozen 4th graders. It occurred to me... I am finally popular in school... hahahaha

I think I am getting sick. I hurt. I cough. I sniff sniff. I am off to go to NyQuil land of happy sleep. The pugs have beaten me there.

17 comments:

Bel said...

Don't get sick! Maybe you're just hung-over from all that Lizard Ridge. I'm so excited that you're almost done...you'll definitely need to de-tox from all that...you'll be going through withdrawl! We need to find you a new project!!!

Vouray said...

Lizard looks great...I...am...sick. I have a razor sharp sore throat and body aches and pains. Ug.

jody said...

i know exactly what you mean! my daughter was wearing this sweater i knit for her the other day-the first full sweater, w/ sleeves and everything, i ever made-and i just looked at her and said right out loud "i made all those stitches! every single one of them w/ my hands and 2 pointy sticks!!"-as if i was surprised by that fact! sometimes we just don't realize what our little ol' hands are capable of!! thanks for coming to visit my blog!

"Meems" said...

Gina.. you cant be sick too!!

Miranda said...

Mimi! It was lovely meeting you today! I decided to put Elbac away, it was misbehaving. I cast on for Fetching, and hopefully I'll be able to wrestle it into a decent shape by Thursday.

I finished up all my knitting projects over Christmas, save the ex-boyfriend socks, so I've not knitted for a few months. You get rusty so quickly.

m.

"Meems" said...

It was nice meeting you too! Thanks for checking out my blog!! Yeah, sometimes your rusty coming back...

Loren said...

You're definately further than me. I just finished square 17. Someday, when my lizard ridge covers a King sized bed I will have my revenge! moo hoo hahaha!!!

Vouray said...

Lay off the pills, Loren!

Miranda said...

You know, I thought Lizard Ridge looked hideous when I first saw the pattern, but now that I've seen it in real life, it's growing on me.

"Meems" said...

Hideous? ahhhh!!! Growing on you?? ahhhh! OK, you can have your opinion... hehehe

Vouray said...

The...Lizard...Ridge...hideous? Who...is ...this...Miranda person?

Miranda said...

Me? Just an opinionated customer of Mosaic.

What! I said it was growing on me... It looks pretty in real life!

(I don't usually like Noro either, too itchy)

*runs for life*

jody said...

good answer Miranda-but really, run fast.....

"Meems" said...

hahahah~ Jody, you know your stuff! Yeah, Miranda... you can have your opinion, but your getting close to the fire when it comes to noro! hahahaha

I used to not like Noro either- then I saw the light... hehehe

Miranda said...

Well the King Tut cotton I bought on Sunday is really lovely. I decided I really wanted to have my own scarf (not that I haven't tried three or four times already) so I went with good old Irish Hiking Scarf.

I could change my mind about Noro. There's every possibility it could happen.

But I really do hate things that itch me. So probably not.

Chris said...

Your knitting is beautiful! Make another for me? I know you don't want to hear that! MOM

jody said...

i hope you're feeling better-are you still doing your circle thurs nite?