Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentines Day Shout Out



Happy Valentines Day all!! What is Valentines day really? Despite all that I have read, I think its really a made up holiday, made up by business owners to boast sales after the slow month of January. Also, I think it is for all the lame lame boyfriends and hubbys that use it as their obligatory day to do something nice for a change for their ladies. LUCKILY I have a wonderful hubby who is super nice all year round, and who lets me use this day as an excuse to go out to Kabuki.. my favorite restaurant in Southwest Va... ( I guess that doesn't say much huh...?) Thank you Adam for being so wonderful all year round! Seriously ladies, he asks me to dance in the living room to Sinatra.. "WITCHCRAFT...." hehehehe. I love him.

I hope everyone has a great day and also uses this meaningless "holiday" as an excuse to break your diets, and your budgets!

On other news, I am blocking the squares now, and finished 1 sock... had to rip 2 inches out cause it wasnt long enough.. boo hoo.. AND NO KNITTING CIRCLE THIS WEEK. Sorry ladies. I am horrible, but I was sick sick all weekend and my house is a mess. Grout is in... looks great... next step wainscoting. woo hoo.

8 comments:

jody said...

booo no knitting circle-i was more excited about that than Valentine's Day! Not b/c I have a lame hubby-nope, he's great! It just IS a dumb holiday-but my kids love it so I guess it's another day for them to have a good time all jacked up on sugar!! yay grout!I just finished painting our b-room this weekend--if you want a fun place to check out, go to the Habitat for Humanity Re Store that just opened in C'burg-fun stuff!

Miranda said...

I agree with Jody. The Habitat store in Roanoke is super awesome... I wonder where the C-burg one is.

No knitting circle? Sad. Maybe everything will be better next week.

Oh, and I actually have a blogger profile now. Enjoy!

"Meems" said...

Well I am sorry about the Circle, but really.. next week will be better. I THINK. I will be babysitting Purl too... so 3 pugs at my house might be too much for company, but I will let you know. Miranda.. I checked out your profile- I love AMos Lee too... and Harry potter. Looks like we have a lot in common :)

Bel said...

We'll just have to do it another night. And a new blogger? Miranda? How exciting! First Jody was brought into our weird little world, now Miranda! (By the way, if my youngest son would have been a girl, that would have been his name!)

Anyway, you have a great V-Day with your man, Mimi! I'll call you later! Hope you're feeling better!!

Don said...

All men, by nature, are PIGS. Not the cute, pink, piggy bank type, the other kind... fat, hairy, ugly, lazy, narcisistic. Their only redeming value is that, with time and patience, they can be trained. Adam is one of the lucky ones. He has a good trainer. So, ladies, if your particular pig isn't treating you the way you want him to...let the training begin.

d

Chris said...

Yes,
I have a wonderful guy. Your father! He showers me with love and attention, treats me like a queen. He has been the best example for his sons and daughters. He attributes this to training, but I say he came that way!
Have a happy valentines day! dancing in the living room is tops!
Mom

Miranda said...

I just have to say:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5325642

How cool is that, huh?

Vouray said...

Thanks for taking care of Mango's long lost daughter, Purl. Oh Gaud, what am I going to do with all the Sublime?