Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Another Reason I Hate Clowns...

I found this magazine one day at Mosaic a couple years ago, and had to have it. I think its one of the funniest things ever, so I thought I would share. This picture above is the cover, and isnt it so enticing ! I can just see some crazy old lady knitter picking this up and thinking to herself " what a clever idea... Its a sweater that looks like overalls and a white and blue undershirt." After thinking this project over she decides to knit this for her 8 year old grandson, who will LOVE IT. In my little fantasy she comes up with wonderful reasons why this would make a great gift. Here is her list.

1. She can use Red Heart, which is her favorite- and washable
2. Its great for 4th of July- Maybe he can wear it to a BQ!
3. "An active 8 year old cant always take time to coordinate his apparel. A single sweater with the look of layers guarantees speed and success." Which is what she read in the magazine. (Seriously, thats word for word)
4. He wont have to worry about his straps to his overalls falling down.

Wow..this is a wonderful time I am having here imagining this.

OOOOH! I saved the best part for last... check this picture out. My question is.... why are they using this oversized pencil as a prop... and... do they how how sick this looks? Wow.. enjoy..>

3 comments:

Vouray said...

I am so unbelievably freaked out by that picture. Remember "It" by Stephen King? Remember William Gacy, who was a clown at parties and raped and murdered hundreds of little boys and buried them under his kitchen floor? Why did I have that pattern book at Mosaic? YYIIPPEES.

vanessa said...

Yeah . . . strange. Nice overalls, though. Can you knit something like that for my kids? I just can't resist the promise for "speed and sucess". . . We have been trying to think of ways to speed up the mornings and get them to school on time.

"Meems" said...

Hahaha! Yes, I think this is the answer. What if I knit Mattie a jumpsuit that was all one peice, but looked like a 3 peice suit! OOOH yes, and tell Matt to expect a knitted scrub outfit to cut back on time! heheheheh