Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Oh, What a Wonderful Morning!


I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to begin my day. I have nothing of real significance to do today and I feel good about it. I started my day just like most mornings, by taking my dogs out. It was a beautiful morning. It snowed a little last night and there was a light dusting of snow on the ground. The sun was shining, and I felt happy.

I look in my back yard to see the usual white-trash scene, (See picture) when Mango runs into my crazy neighbor's yard like she is hunting a wild animal. "Mango! Get out of there!" I shouted, and thats when I saw it..... Laying in the grass. It was a deer leg. Yes, a deer leg. I quickly shoo mango away and I turn around and see another deer leg... hoof intact. Now, I know this might be a normal thing to see when you live in red-neck Virginia, but I am not from here, and I find this to be very disturbing.

Now I am spending my morning invisioning this neighbor (400 pound, Hairy man with a limp) hacking up dead deer in the back yard in the middle of the night. The creepy thing (besides the hacking) is that I didn't see anything else.. no knives, no sheets covered in blood, no other loose body parts... just 2 hoof stroon about.

Maybe the deer stole something, and he chopped off her hoof to teach her a lesson...

4 comments:

Vouray said...

That is sooooooo vvvveeeerrryyyy disgusting! Do you think maybe an animal got to the deer instead of the neighbor? Maybe you'll find a horse head in your bed tomorrow morning...

"Meems" said...

Im pretty sure he was hacking. He is the hacking kind of guy... plus, it was a clean cut.
I know, i was thinking how lucky i was that it wasnt a head...

By the way, the hoofs are gone now. I tried to watch them all morning to see what would happen. Did he come pick them up after he saw me taking pictures, or did a dog get it for lunch? hmmm....

Chris said...

Ooh that's sick...maybe Mango grabbed it and is going to bring it to bed with her!.

vanessa said...

Wow! I don't even know what to say, but I feel I must comment on this unfortunate situation. i think that for some wierd reason I'm most disappointed that we don't know where the hooves(sp?) are are this point. I really hope he saw you taking the pics!