Friday, January 26, 2007

Best Dad in the World!


Here's my dad. Hes wonderful! This is us at Christmas and he is wearing the hand knit Kathmandu sweater made by me! I am so impressed with how well it fit him. Being that he lives 3000 miles away, and it was hard to make my measurements. My mom did do some though. (Thanks mom!)

What a wonderful thing knitting is. I dont think i have ever given anyone a present quite like that before. It wasnt just a hand-knit wool silk cashmere sweater, it was hundreds of hours of work. It was a whole summer of knitting. What gift is more valuable than your time? I will never forget that feeling when he opened it... to see his smile. I get a wonderful feeling knowing that someone I love as much as I do is wrapped up in warmth and love from me. priceless.

SO, knit on blog readers, and make something special this year!

And to my dad- "your the best dad in the whole universe, since the beginning of time, for all eternity."


5 comments:

Vouray said...

That is soooo sweet! And the sweater looks great on him. Definately a priceless gift to cherish forever...

Loren said...

I'm planning on knitting my dad a sweater this year! I can't wait for Christmas!

jody said...

Hi Mimi! I've met you at the store before and saw your blog and wanted to say hi! I'm the one who was talking to you about your Lizard Ridge squares and short rows a weekend or so ago (I also had pugs and brought one to the store one time and I also have a little girl named Mimi, but I digress...) anyhoo-I also knit my mom a sweater for Christmas b/c I wanted to do something special for her-she's had a rough last few years-and I spent so much time and wanted it to be just perfect and I fretted so much over it and spent forever finding the right yarn, buttons, etc but the look on her face and her reaction when she opened it were priceless and just made it all worth it-knitting truly is a way to love someone! i love knitting for so many reasons!!!

Chris said...

Dad love this sweater! He wears it a lot!
Mom

Don said...

Wow what a Hunk!!! You are sooo lucky to have him for a Dad!. The sweater is the Best...warm too. I love telling everyone that my baby girl made it for me. I can't remember when I have felt so special. I don't deserve it.

Love you
Da