Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wii Hours of the Night


FOr those of you that do not know, Adam and I have been obsessed with the new Nintendo Wii game console. We played it at Erin's house over xmas and instantly became hooked. Now we are not big game people. I think the last thing we owned was... the super nintendo, which was Adam's, and I played a lot of Sega Genisis back in the 90's... SO really, this is the first video game console we have owned together.

ALso, for those of you that are thinking "wow, maybe I should go get one of those today!" THINK AGAIN... these are so stinking hard to find. We literally have been trying since xmas. I have made phone call after phone call. We have driven early mornings in the snow, and we have had so many disappointments. Yesterday I called Walmart, and they said at midnight they would start selling them. Midnight? For us OLD Wallace's we barely say that word anymore... but we managed to stay awake with a little help from Pepsi. We got there at 11:20 thinking that there is no way there will be many people like us out there... WRONG. In the parking lot we spotted a group of nerdy looking adolescent males. They spotted us, and the race was on. When we got to the electronics section we noticed a line..... that wrapped corners... we were last.

Because we were last that meant that every idiot walking by wondering what the line was for would ask us. We were getting sick of it after the first 5, and we started joking that the next person that asked us we were going to mess with. Lo and Behold she came. "Ummm.. Whats this line for?" She said. "The new IN SYNC CD is out" I said. I dont think she got it, or liked it... so she moved on. I am proud I did it though. FUn night.

Long story short... Waited in line... yadda yadda yadda, Adam is bowling in our living room right now.

I have to go to work. Good day.

7 comments:

Vouray said...

Ohmigaud. Wii Wonderland. Did they sell out last night after you got yours? I used the phrase "Yaddayaddayadda" in my blog today before I read yours!

LauraRN said...

Great to see you today!!! Your Lizard Ridge is lovely- and especially so with your own "special" ridges. Hope to stop back soon when I can sit'n'knit!

jody said...

Hey Mimi!
I was just in the shop today w/ my hubby and baby and talking to you about the lizard ridge and 3-needle bind off-here is the link and the entry is on November 16th so scroll down till you find it-also, a pic of the blanket I was talking about is further down. I'm not sure if it would mess up the cool look of the color "bumps"on lizard ridge but you could always give it a whirl!

http://www.masondixonknitting.com/archives/2006_11.html#001718

jody said...

http://www.masondixonknitting.com/archives/2006_11.html#001718

(sorry, it seemed to leave part of it off)

jody said...

ok, rats-it is still leaving part of it off so just go to Nov 16th and on the mason dixon archives page-sorry for being a blog retard

"Meems" said...

Yes Gina.. they were sold out 3 people after us. DO you want one too?

Unknown said...

Sweet so glad you guys got one too :) The little thing is way too addictive. So much fun though!!