Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Girls Day Out: Caulking it up


SO Belinda came over this morning and we went to Lunch at Quiznos... yum! and then went to Lowes to buy tile and stuff. We got a little silly inside... We thought that we might look weird shopping at Lowes together, and we decided that we looked like we were "partners" looking to update out bathroom. We laughed at that, and then silly got even sillier. I told her I needed to get some Caulk, so we went to the caulk isle. Giggling like a child, I thought it would be funny to see how loud and frequently I could say the word "caulk". Belinda caught on and we laughed hysterically! Here are some favorites that all work for the context in Lowes: "Do you think this is enough caulk?", "I need a lot of caulk", "this caulk smells funny", "DO you like this caulk", "DO I need a caulk machine to get the goop out?" (maybe too far with that one) the list went on and on into the drive home. We are so dumb!!! hahahahaha
Yes Gina, I just got away with saying caulk on my blog!!! hahahahahahahah

Anyways, we laid out the tiles and make templates for the cuts that need to be made. I have to say that we did a really good job!~ I also now have the light fixture and mirror.. and new curtain rod up, thanks to my handy hubby. I know in the pict the light fixture looks gold, but its not... and it looks better in person.

Next step.... morder and lay the tile. Hopefully we can do this on Fri. I am getting anxious though.
Off to knit. I HAVE started the washclothes. I will let you all know how it goes. shhh... dont tell Lizard Ridge...
Goodnight
MIMI

5 comments:

Vouray said...

Love the bathroom! Glad you got yourself some caulk today!

jody said...

Hey Mimi!
I checked out your blog today and there I saw on your bathroom floor MY FAVORITE TILE EVER!! isn't it cayman dolphin or something? (oh gosh i spend too much time at lowes...)our neighbors put it in their bathroom and I LOVED it and tried to come up w/ a place to put it in our house but alas, I have come up w/ nothing....rats. I will just look at your blog and pretend...we just tiled our sink and it turned out so pretty! have fun!

Bel said...

That was a GREAT afternoon! Does everyone LOVE the Dolphin?! Haha! It is a memorable tile in a WAY good way. Anyway, I hope I can help you finish the bathroom later this week...there's nothing better than an afternoon with your favorite "partner" and some good caulk.

"Meems" said...

I know! I guess the dolphin is a hit! Jody, Bel said the exact same thing when she saw it too!! How funny! I hope the person who eventually buys this house likes it too!

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan mg - long does ativan high last