Monday, January 15, 2007

Purl Sweater



OK. So I am obsessed with a couple new things now. Number 1: Gina's new baby pug, Purl.
Number 2: Fair Isle! SO I combined these new loves and made baby purl a wonderful fair isle sweater. Up till now fair isle has been a huge means of frusteration for me. No one has ever taught me, and I thought I just wasnt good enough anyways. I HAVE done Intarsia before.. and that is tedious... all these bobbins getting tangled up and messy. Fair Isle is a different thing all together.

I just did this 2 color motif first to experiment with this "two handed knitting"... I hear this term the other day and I was like "What?! Two handed?.... Dont you always knit using 2 hands?" Then, I decided to figure this out. I know how to know wrapping with my right hand. I also know how to knit picking from my left hand. SO I put these two together and figured out this genious method for fair isle knitting. I put the white on my left hand finger, and when i needed it i just picked it. I put the black on my right finger and when i needed it, i just wrapped it. GENIOUS... (20 grand in student loans FINALLY pays off!) (But.. did I spell "genious" correctly?... genious..geneus.. uhh?)

So heres a picture of this treasure and I am so in love with it. Oh, it doesnt help that it is 100% cashmere. Oh the life of a pug....

4 comments:

Vouray said...

Genius. Thats how its spelled. Don't you have a spell check or a dictionary on your desktop thingy? The pictures from my camera of Purl suck. But yours are great, so I directed everyone to your blog. see Ya! Come into the store if you get bored and work some more, its nice having you around!

"Meems" said...

yes, I see that now... thanks. And thank you 8 years of college....:)

Chris said...

What a cute pup! Makes me want ANOTHER one. I already have two as you know! Oh hey, Nick and jack say 'HI", or whoof!
Mimi, you ae so talented!
Yo Mama!

Vivian said...

What a cute pup that is. I'm a knitting pug mama in the bay area. Just want to stop by and say hi!