Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 11

Day 11:

Today I woke up late due to daylight savings, but it didnt matter. Today was a lazy day. I remember when day light savings threw a wrench in my "schedule". I was so busy running around going to school, working, and grading papers that one hour off made a difference. Now, I didnt even realize it was even daylight savings until later today. (all my time telling devices automatically change) It hit me today, MAN, I really do have it lucky. Besides the occasional appointment I have, time has no importance to me. I sleep when I want to, eat when I want to, wake up when I want to, and clean when I want to. Man.

Mimi three years ago would have KILLED for this, and now that I have this, all I want is to be busy again. Why cant I just be content with the life I have. Why am I constantly living in either the past (thinking about what decisions were bad, or what good times I used to have), or the future (the job I want, the family I want to have) I really should just enjoy the now. Every day is a gift, regardless of where we are in life. Thats why they call it the present right? (what movie is that from!?)

I think its just my nature to look toward the future. In a way I think its a really good thing. Making plans and goals for the future are very important in life! However, when do I ever stop and think "you know, I have it good right now." So, thats what I did today. Today I slept till when I wanted to, ate when I wanted to, and didnt clean at ALL! We lounged around on this rainy Sunday playing video games and enjoying our sweet little lives.

I think big picture here- its so much easier sometimes to complain about all the crap in our lives. Take the time to live in today and take advantange of the life you have now. Now, I want to hear about how you all feel about this. Am I alone here? Does this right true for anyone else?

What do YOU enjoy about your life right now?

5 comments:

Stephanie M said...

At this exact moment I am enjoying a bowl of instant chocolate pudding. I am also really enjoying my new hobby, weaving. Inspiration struck this weekend for my first project. I plan to get it started tomorrow.

Chrissie said...

Good thoughts. I am constantly trying to enjoy the now too. It's hard sometimes. That's why I keep a gratitude journal too. It keeps me thinking about what makes me happy and what blessings I have.
What makes me happy? I adore my wonderful husband who worships me on a daily basis. I love my awesome family who I feel good about raising to adulthood. I have great grandkids who call me grandma Chrissie. I love my job, something I prepared for years back. My faith in Christ sustains me and gives me daily hope and I love my two little Pugs who love me unconditionally (well maybe they love me to feed them)! That is what makes me happy! I am blessed!

cinnamongirl said...

I am thankful for so many things. It's strange how bittersweet life is. Strange how what was once so important means nothing now. Funny that life gives and takes simultaneously. I am hopeful for every day that I may have and yet I also thank am thankful for the past and all the building blocks and experiences. Sunday was good to me..Anthony made baked ziti...juliann and patrick visited and we got to laugh and talk and share.... I made cookies...I planted my tomato plants and enjoyed the rain drops on my elegant Calla lilies and the quiet that a rain day produces. Past present and future are ALL salient.

Unknown said...

somehow i missed this day! LIKE!

Mary Thomas said...

Oh, the present. SO hard to keep my mind there! I am constantly picturing what is next. Or being ASKED what is next! I guess its just built into our culture somewhere to be constantly "progressing" and conquering, haha.

I am thankful for my healthy family. Such a humongo gift in this world. I am thankful that we are not having a huge earthquake right now. I am thankful that the weather is beautiful today and I have all the windows and doors open. We sat in my backyard (boy in the swing) and just stared at the wind blowing in the trees. It just smelled good outside and the stillness was beautiful. Its a wonderful wonderful life, especially when I can just breathe in a small moment at a time.