Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day: 7

Day 7- One week down!

First of all I want to say THANK YOU for reading my blog! I am excited and amazed at how many people come here and comment. So, today... I am thankful for my friends. I spent the whole day with some of my favorite people here!

I met up with a friend, Rachel, for lunch today. Although we are still new friends, I am amazed at how strong, supportive, understanding, and just fun she is! We had a nice big salad and did a little shopping and got some starbucks. She is great! Here's a picture. :)



Then, I went to my knitting group! Since I moved here a year and a half ago, these people have been so welcoming, friendly, and amazing! Every week we sit around, knit, vent, and laugh. They are some of the most interesting people with all these crazy mad skills. They are all so different, but all fit together in this group. I dont have time or energy to talk about everyone in the group..... but I want to point out (starting from left to right) Marissa, who speaks Japanese, has an adorable daughter, and knits the most awesome socks! She is so happy and friendly! Liz, is super crafty and knowledgeable about all kinds of stuff. Whether it be a question about knitting, spinning, dying, cooking, gardening, canning, she will know the answer. Tonight she explained how to poach an egg to me. She also owns chickens, and shares the eggs! Caitlyn is a very new friend, but shes so friendly and sweet! Tabitha (with the baby), is AMAZING to me. I cant believe how supportive, thoughtful, understanding, and strong she is. I know she always has my back ;) Also, not pictured- Stephanie, who is so friendly, smart, organized, reliable, and loyal. I just love her! I also want to throw a shout out to Sarah, who is so sweet and friendly. I really enjoy seeing her smiling face!! So many others at knitting, but Im TIRED! haha




Also, my best friend Sarah, who lives in Boston. I miss her and love all our fun times! I cant wait to see her in May! I know she loves me and is the most loyal friend. I know she "gets me". I really love her!


Im just taking time to appreciate some of my new friends today. I know sometimes I take my friends for granted, but I am so so thankful for all the love and support the give, and continue to give to me. Thank you.

7 comments:

John and Laura said...

Wow, seven days already! Super job, Mimi!

Unknown said...

oh i "get" you alright! so freaky so freaky so freaky.
hugs!

Anonymous said...

We love you too :)

Marissa, craftaholic said...

And thank you too! It was so nice to get in a good, long talk with you last night! HUGS!

Rachel said...

Aw, thanks Mimi! I am so happy that we became friends! I have so much fun with you in person and online :) I love that picture of us, thanks for taking it! xo

Chrissie said...

One thing about you , Mimi. You have always had great friends. You are a good friend which makes all around you love you!

Mary Thomas said...

You are a great friend, and so good people gravitate toward you :) SOOOoo glad you have an awesome knitting group!!!