Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 20-21

Yeah, I know I am a slacker, but Im going to say two things today!

Yesterday I went on a long walk at Pt. Isabel state park. It wasn't raining, so I wanted to get some exercise in before the rain started again (which, it did) So, I went to the park, got a nice hot cappuccino, and walked. I have been trying to be "present" and "mindful" in my activities (thanks to my meditation classes) and I just really enjoyed nature. I have been to this park MANY times before, but, like most places, I dont look around much. I am so much "inside my head"... i miss out. I rarely stop to smell the roses..... So i did.

I saw the most wonderful plants, simple, but truly beautiful if you looked close enough. There were these wonderful yellow bush time flower plants that smelled wonderful! When I got to the main point (right on the water overlooking the GG bridge), i stopped, closed my eyes and just enjoyed the moment. I felt the ground under my feet, the wind in my hair, and the salty smell of the ocean. I am thankful for nature. Its amazing how just being outside and breathing the air calms me down and brings a smile to my face.


Day 21:
On the TV right now comes on this broadcast of the Les Miserables 25th anniversary show (i think 25..?) I love this!! So, on Sunday I spent the afternoon knitting and watching this. It has been a while since I heard the music, and just was brought to tears over and over again. I am so amazed by the beauty and power of music! There are just so many uplifting, strong, and powerful songs out there. Sometimes music goes where words alone can not. Here is a clip of the song that really got me deep! Go listen to a song that touches you!!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGuDT4fE2XA&feature=related

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i was gonna say "so freaky, so freaky, so freaky" but thats getting a lot of references lately. instead, i say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ezfk7s1NyY

Mary Thomas said...

Hahah I totally read "I miss out" as:

"I am always 'inside my head'... I miss 'out' ". LOL.

It took me two paragraphs down to realize that you meant you miss out on THINGS, not miss being outside your head!

I looooooove listening to Les Mis. Sigh, takes me back to HS when we would sing "On My Own" over and over again at the tops of our lungs. You have a beautiful voice.

Chrissie said...

Love your thoughts Mimi! I so agree with you about nature and music. Two of my favorite parts of life!

Rachel said...

Way to go Mimi! You are such a good pupil! I love Les Mis too, I'm sorry I missed the anniversary show.

Marissa, craftaholic said...

I love Les Mis. Even when the songs come up randomly on my Pandora playlist, I can get all misty-eyed. Amazingly enough, I've only seen the movie and video of the show, and memorized the soundtrack. I've yet to see the musical in person!!!!!!!!

Vanessa said...

Yes, I just have to post a comment about your love for music, Meems. I have felt so inspired by music many times in my life. No matter how I am feeling, there is always some piece of music that can match it. It makes me happy and yet it also validates me when I am sad or depressed. Music is truly a gift to the world. It is a miracle.