Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 23


One more week to go!

Today's post will be short because I am very tired. Tonight I am thankful for date nights! Ive had the same companion on these dates for the past almost 13 years now, and they never get old. I look forward to every single one of them! Our first date was so long ago, that neither of us really remember what we did. I know the first place we went together was Denny's. The first movie we saw together was The Truman Show. We first held hands on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Our first kiss was on my parents couch (I'm sure you love hearing that mom and dad!) But every date since then has been wonderful because we just have so much fun together. We always find something to laugh at. Our first time at Dennys we laughed at the weird drunk people making fools of themselves. We also both commented about how a certain parking garage was... likely to be the setting for multiple sexual assaults.

Tonight we laughed at the crazy ladies sitting next to us in the theatre were like "drunk secretaries". We also laughed when a teen thought Adam was his dad (who was CLEARLY not... when we saw what his dad really looked like...) We are always laughing and enjoying each other.
Whether its a weekend in Vegas, a ride on the SF cable cars, a movie, dinner, trips to shows, museums, the beach, a walk in the park, or a night watching the Daily Show with the pugs, I love every date with my husband, because I just love my husband!!! I look forward to thousands and thousands more with him!

5 comments:

John and Laura said...

So sweet!

Unknown said...

that picture is SO GOOD. we miss you guys, and cant wait to dance like crazy (ADAM) at the raulwang wedding!

Chrissie said...

Just so sweet. Your parents couch for a first kiss is a great place. Just like the old days, where the parlor was the place to court each other. Your parents first kiss was on the sky ride at Disneyland and it was on the cheek...awwww. Here's to many more "date" nights"!

cinnamongirl said...

you know I have to say it....I saw you two hold hands for the first time...and I like that you did not disclose the more harsh version of the name of a certain parking garage...hehehe. As I read your post I couldn't help but smile. I really can't believe it; 13 yrs...that is just awesome. As I think I've only been with Anthony for just over 2 yrs...but it feels so much longer(in a good way). 2mrow we will have a date day, and I like you, really look forward to the time he and I share. That is the best gift the world can give: a loving, similar minded mate, partner in crime, lover and freind. Love you meeems..and I'm so proud of you for doing this blog...I look forward to reading it...when I get the chance.

Mary Thomas said...

Oh true love. Ain't it grand? We are sooooo lucky.