Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 25

Day 25

Adam has been nervous that I would get through all 30 days and not have a Mango day... SO here it is.

Mango was born August 15, 2002, two days before we got married. She was born in Placerville Ca. It was a few months after we got married that I felt the itch to have our family grow again- We knew we eventually wanted 2 pugs, but I think Adam thought that we should wait... BUT... I was looking around online and found a breeder. I knew we wanted a black girl this time so I had to call around. It wasnt as easy as it sounds. Black pugs are harder to find.

Adam came home from work and I said that we should "just go see this pug"... We took Lucy, and drove up. We were told that she had 2 black girls. One was 6 weeks, and the other was 10. We showed up and she had both pugs out for us. When Lucy walked in, the older pug ran up and started smelling and jumping on her! I was more into the 6 week one at first, just because it was so small. Once I held Mango though (she was the 10 week one) I fell in love. I had to have her! Eventually I convinced Adam, and we took her home.


We met her mom, who was black, and super crazy looking. Her dad was VERY friendly, and now we see she got a little from both parents! She was a calm puppy. She was never really into playing with toys or chewing on things like lucy was, BUT she was very into Lucy. Lucy on the other hand, was very... put out. Now, they love each other of course, but Lucy enjoyed being an only child too.

We discovered after about a year that she has a thyroid disorder, and some anxiety issues. We treat them with medication, and just like people, all dogs are just different. I couldnt imagine loving another pug as much as Lucy, but I do, we do. She has such a strong, sweet, sensitive, personality. Sometimes she can be difficult, and crazy, but that is just one part of her amazing personality. She is SO full of love!

Every morning we wake up to what we call the "mango show". This is when she decides its time to wake up and really turns up the cute for us. She rolls around, climbs on our chest, licks our ears and snuggles in our necks. Its the cutest thing ever! We cant help but to wake up with a smile. She loves going on walks, eating, and laying on our laps! She is going to be 9 this year, and shes still our little black baby pug who has stole our hearts forever.

6 comments:

Happy said...

Super cute! Not being an animal person myself, these posts have given me a glimpse of the love that exist between pet and owner. So sweet, I love it!

Heidi said...

I wish my dog put on a show in the a.m.!

Marissa, craftaholic said...

I love that you described her mom as "crazy-looking." Giggle, giggle.....

Mary Thomas said...

SO friggin cute. I am missing our kitties who are outside now :( Every time you talk about Adam, even just in passing, I can tell what a wonderful husband he is.

Don said...

That's my Grand-Pug Mango. She is as sweet as Mi2 says. We all look forward to visiting Lucy and Mango. We miss them.

Vanessa said...

Mango and Lucy are so cute in these pics--I have to mention that Mango's rain coat is incredibly cute! I'm just sitting here giggling.