Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day Four

Day 4: Day of rest and reflection....

Today I am thankful for my family. They are amazing, wonderful, and supportive. For those of you who don't know, I have 3 siblings: Bekka, Matt, and John. I have some wonderful memories growing up and I thought I would share a couple that stand out to me today.. They might make you smile because they make me smile!!

I love this picture. I think this was the last time we were all together. I hope to be all together again soon.

Bekka: I remember being about 9 or 10 years old (she would be 14 or 15??). I had a sort of obsessive younger sister complex at the time. I used to go into her room and go through her stuff, put on her clothes, jewelry, and perfume.... listen to her music.... yeah. obsessed. One time I remember hiding in here closet to "scare" her when she got out of the shower. I remember hiding in her closet and then jumping out and watching her flip out.. OOOOh fun times. Over the years she has been a true friend who I love very much.


Matt: So many stories about Matt. Mainly of him and his shenanigans... but I will keep in nice...
I remember walking past his room when i was like 13 (he would have been 16-17) and watching him make muscles in the mirror. I laughed. OK, I also remember him being a very protective brother. At the time, I thought he was being a drag, but deep down I loved it because I knew he cared. Once i was getting ready for a dance.. .I was wearing a dress that was very tight and pretty short. I was also wearing knee high stockings, and baby doll shoes. I thought it was super cute, but Matt thought it was super slutty and demanded I change. Also, he was at the same dance and when I was slow dancing a little too close at the dance (man, i sounds really slutty in this story..), Matt got on the microphone and was like "MY sister is dancing WAY too close. She needs to stop" It was hilarious! I knew he cared and despite his relentless teasing.... I knew he loved me.
John- OOOOH John. I don't even know where to begin. We were SO close growing up I dont know which story to tell... hmmm... should i embarrass him?... haha
MOst John stories involve me dressing him up, tricking him, or getting peed on because my dad wouldnt pull ov er the car, and i was supposed to "hold johns cup..." (face..). THIS story is makes me laugh every time I think of it. This happened when we were living in Ben Lomond, ca. I was in HS, so he was in Middle school. I was sitting on the toilet and was out of toliet paper. I yelled to John "JOHN! Can you bring me some TP?!" There was a LONG pause...... then I hear "OOOHHH TOILET PAPER!!!!! I thought you meant an Indian house...." I will never understand how in his 14 years of life he never figure out that TP was short for toilet paper, but I laugh everytime I think of that. Love you John.
My Mom and Dad:
Growing up I dont think a kid could have two better parents. They were a true team. With 4 kids you have to imagine that things got hectic, homework didnt always get finished, dinner was sometimes rushed and eaten in the car, and time was short sometimes. But, in all this chaos and madness they stuck together. If times got tough, my dad would figure it out. I never felt like I was left wanting anything. Even if this meant two jobs while in school. My mom always took time to tell us how special we are even if she was stressed because she had 4 kids, a job, and going to school. I cant remember seeing them fight, although I know they must have at some point. I know they respected eachother and showed me what a marriage was supposed to me. I knew their love was true. Still is today. Best friends and partners through good times and hard times.
This brings me to my best friend, true love, and partner through thick and thin- Adam. Like my parents, we are a true team. As a kid I used to imagine my future husband, and my future life, and I wondered if he would be amazing, handsome, smart, and romantic. Well, I don't know what genie's bottle I rubbed, but I got the best man for me!!! We have been together now almost 13 years, and married for 8, and time has just gone by so fast. I consider myself the luckiest wife alive. (these pictures are of us about 12 years ago, and us this last vday)














And last on todays list (but I have PLENTY of other extended family I could write about... but my hands hurt), Our two puggie babies Lucy and Mango. Lucy is going to be 11 this year, and Mango will be 9. I cant believe that, but its true. We love them so much, i think we forget they are actually dogs. They make us laugh, smile, and bring joy to our lives every day. We cherish every single moment we get with them.



For now, thats it. I hope you enjoyed todays post.
I will leave you with a picture of my cut soap now. I got 20 bars and they smell SOOO good. I have to let them cure now for 6 weeks before using. They are wonderful!!!


4 comments:

Bekdiva said...

What a wonderful, heartfelt post, Mimi. I love you too!

Your big sis...

PS- That story about John is hilarious!

Chrissie said...

My Dear Mimi,
I loved your touching post for the day, especially the stories about everyone. Made me cry. We, your parents totally loved raising you. You were always smiling, creative, fun, full of stories ( I couldn't wait to hear them after school)!
We all love you very much and love Adam as our own son! And of course we love Lucy and Mango!
Love your, Mom

Unknown said...

hey! sorry i missed a day, no internet in my hotel room... great stories, and i want some rock candy!!! :)

John and Laura said...

This is such a great post about your family. I hope you enjoyed your day of rest.