Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happiness Pie

Hi all. I really should write on here more often... once a year is sad.

For those of you who keep up with my life, you know things have been sort of shitty for me lately. I don't want to write this blog about that, however. Through out the past couple months I have spent a lot of time at home contemplating life and talking with my family and friends. I have made a conclusion. MOST of us are struggling with something right now. I actually know very few people who are completely content with their life right now. (either that or they are lying)

Everyone seems to be struggling with something, so I know I am not alone. Whether it be a crappy job, lack of job, lack of money, lack of time, sleep, days off, unhappy with where you live, who your living with, or wanting something thats out of your control- we all seem a little bit miserable.

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am generally a happy person, and generally have a positive attitude. Well, not all the time here. I have found myself in a deeper hole and a darker "funk" than I have ever been in in my whole life.

Many people have ideas and suggestions about what people should do in these dark times. I think since everyone is different, there is no one thing that will help everyone. I think you have to ask yourself: "What do I need to do to take care of myself, to be happy today?"

Ive decided- What I need to do is the following: 1. Be thankful and grateful for the good things in my life 2. To surround myself with positive people and thoughts 3. To find something for me to do everyday that brings me happiness
sounds simple right?

So i thought, how am I going to do this? Then it hit me- It might be motivating and fun for me to blog about it. Maybe I can help myself and maybe inspire someone else too... so...My challenge for myself is a 30 day documentation of this. I am going to blog every day for 30 days about things that make me happy. I will be taking pictures and writing about positive things that fit into those 3 goals for me.

If your reading this, please feel free to comment and add ideas as to what small things YOU do everyday to feel good about yourself.

Tomorrow will be the first post. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

your face makes me happy!

Anonymous said...

and this is how we eventually start a tv show based on your craftiness! You are awesome!

Chrissie said...

I enjoyed your blog. Some good ideas to help the blues. I keep a grateful journal everyday. Some days it's hard to find something, but most days I can think of many things I'm grateful for. It sure chases the blues away, especially when I read it over and over.

Mary Thomas said...

YAY!!!!! So glad you are blogging! and can i say- this photo- bahahahaha soooo cute. I am already hooked.