Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 24


Day 24- New Craft Day!

I have always seen these pictures of needle felted animals, and loved them. I thought they would be crazy hard, so I never tried. SO I watched some youtube videos, made some purchases, borrowed some items... and BAM. I have little birds. These made me so happy today. I need to figure out how to make little wire feet for them, but that will be another day. Also, in these pictures they look very "hairy" so I think I will give them a trim. In person you dont notice.
Enjoy! I made these out of pre-spun wool named "roving". I used little tiny needles to poke at it until I sculpted these shapes.

Cute huh!?

5 comments:

Stephanie M said...

They came out so cute! Good work!

Chrissie said...

Very cute! I like the feather one. Snazzy. I'm amazed about what you can learn on Youtube. I've been learning jewelry techniques on Youtube, and I find clips I can use for teaching. Looks like you had a fun day!

Amanda Fox said...

Those are adorable! What a fun new craft!

Heidi said...

these are great!

cinnamongirl said...

I like that they look hairy. Cool art project. This time of year it's fun to blow out eggs and paint them...if you haven't tried it before...=]