Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 15- Half way through

Are you guys getting sick of this yet?

Day 15:

Today I am thankful for traditions. Because it is saint Patrick's day I was excited to wear my new bright green shirt. Although I miss being a teacher and having kiddos threaten to pinch me.... I still was happy to wear it. I also cooked corned beef, which I LOOOOVE!!! Who had it tonight?! Who has NEVER had it??? (Sarah......)
Oh, its so salty and fatty and wonderful. I cut the fat off tonight due to my point counting, but Im sure some snuck in. I also made a DELICIOUS cabbage side dish. I didnt have time to throw in crock pot in time so i chopped up onions, shaved carrots, and red cabbage and sauteed them up using the broth left in the crock pot from cooking the meat. WONDERFUL!! (Wheres that GasEX?)

I grew up my whole childhood eating corned beef and cabbage on this day, and I think this is a great tradition! Also, heres a picture of a framed four leaf clover I keep by my bed for good luck.

Love you all!!! I wanna hear about what YOU did today!

7 comments:

Mary Thomas said...

NICE! I think I had corned beef forever ago, but I don't remember it at all. I really want to try that side dish, darnit, wish you guys were closer. We were out all day, Ben wore green, but I forgot. The babies pinched me. Not sure they knew why, though...

Marissa, craftaholic said...

Yum! I did a lot of cleaning today, and then had an awesome 80-minute massage!

Unknown said...

Still never had corned beef, and dont plan to! :) glad you had a good day. i wore a green sweater and had a beer with dinner. haha major celebrations for us. i DID see a drunk girl walking down the street wearing a ridiculous green outfit giving everyone high fives at 9AM on my way to work this morning. she celebrated enough for the both of us.

"Meems" said...

hahah sarah- funny!
still, your missing out on the beef.

Don said...

You know that you are really part Irish. Grandma Honeys Father was 100%.

Do you know what the staple food of Ireland was before the potato was introduced???

I get one of your gormet soaps if you don't!!! Anyone???

Bekdiva said...

I love how so many of your blogs contain pictures of food... HA

"Meems" said...

ummmm rice? dad