Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day Three

Some days are easier than others. Some days I feel like everything is doing good, and others I feel like I am one step away from a straight jacket. Today was the latter. I honestly didn't think I would pull myself together to even get this blog done, and I was really starting to regret doing this challenge. I guess this is why the challenge of finding something positive everyday for 30 days was a good idea.


Anyways, (come on mimi get to the crafts!) Well, Adam decided to join me in crafting today and he came up with today's project. He was really craving some rock candy, so we looked up how to do it online, and we did it! How easy this is!!!

Heres how we did it:

First, you measure out your ingredients. Sugar and water (wait.. get your pencil to write that list down)
The, mix the sugar and water in a pan on med heat. (2 times sugar to 1 water) and stir till dissolved.Then, add food coloring and flavor (we chose orange) and pour into containers.


The, we figured out how to dangle wood sticks using clips....


Walah! Now, we wait and watch the crystals. For those of you who dont know, Adam is a Geologist, and works with crystal growing on a daily basis. He was SUPER excited about this project. I also learned all about the process!


Way to go Team WALLACE!!!

High five. Now, stay tuned for some crystal pictures...

10 comments:

cinnamongirl said...

well done. anthony made pound cake tonight and I made homemade lemon frosting. So fun to cook with hubby

"Meems" said...

TEAM work!

Anonymous said...

Ok, this looked really fun. And so easy too!

aquanut said...

Okay, Mimi, was your challenge coming up with a new craft for every day for 30 day or finding something positive each day? I will follow with interest! I haven't made rock candy for probably 45 years, so perhaps it is something I should try once again. Looking forward to the photo results.

Nikki said...

I hadn't made rock candy since I was a kid! I know the recipe card we had in the box for it said in big bold letters DO NOT MAKE ON RAINY DAY. It's pouring down here so no rock candy for me today...

Unknown said...

Glad you found something fun. Love the choice!! Can't wait to see how they turn out! Hope today is a better day!

"Meems" said...

Aquanut- Both really, and since crafts make me happy, thats what ive been doing so far. I don't think I will do a new craft for 30 days, but who knows..... maybe...

Thanks everyone for reading and commenting!!!

Chrissie said...

Loved this one Mimi! I can just see you guys in the kitchen working out the process with your scientist husband, Adam! He is so cute! Love you both! It had to cheer up your day! I'm thankful today for the both of you!....Mom

heidi said...

I loooove the "Go Team Wallace!" pic-

Mary Thomas said...

I am waiting to see the finished photos! Don't forget! I am trying to imagine what they will look like already!